Unravel the Tunisian Startup Act: Impact, challenges and lessons for the region
This first Policy Lab will address the experience of the Tunisian Start-up Act, the first legislation of its kind in Africa approved by the Tunisian Parliament back in 2018, which paved the way for the country to become a start-up nation and a digital hub in the region.
This webinar will unravel the main features of the Start-up Act, the challenges faced for its implementation and its impact on the Tunisian entrepreneurial ecosystem. Different actors will be there to talk about it: Private sector representants that initiated the law, public agencies that implement it, beneficiary entrepreneurs...
- Giovanni Zazzerini, Secretary General, INSME - The International Network for SMEs, Italy
- Amel Saidane, President, Tunisian Startups, Tunisia
- Najmedinne Boukhari, Project Manager, Agency for the Promotion of Industry and Innovation, Tunisia
- Oussama Messaoud, Co-founder, Datavora, Tunisia
- Rym Ayadi, Founder and President, Euro - Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA), Spain
Join us on June 29th at 15.00 (CEST) – Click here to register!
Policy Labs THE NEXT SOCIETY
In the framework of THE NEXT SOCIETY, ANIMA proposes to organise regular webinars until the end of 2021 to share national experiences on innovation in the Mediterranean in order to highlight mechanisms or approaches considered as "good practices" and decipher them alongside local players. INSME will be in charge of identifying these practices, mobilizing actors and organizing this cycle of webinars.
The objectives of these Policy Labs are as follows:
- Highlight policies and practices that improve innovation and conditions of start-ups
- Inspire and question replicability of such practices in other national contexts
- Present at the regional level the topics and work of the advocacy panels organized nationally within the framework of TNS
- Propose a collective discussion on one challenge highlighted by a network partner
- Build an online content base, accessible to the TNS community on our Youtube channel