You are urged to read these GTU carefully before accessing, using or registering for the Site. You must not use the Site unless you accept the content of these GTU. By using the Site and/or registering for any services, it is deemed that you accept these GTU.
The Organization may amend these GTU at any time. You shall be informed of the nature of these changes by a special message which shall be featured on the Site before said changes become applicable. You are advised to familiarise yourself with the content of these GTU on a regular basis. If you object to any changes, you may choose to stop using the Site. You acknowledge and accept that, by using the Site and proposed services after the date of the changes, it is deemed that you expressly and unreservedly accept the GTU.
Moreover, the Organization gives you access to its confidentiality policy, applicable to your personal data which are collected as you browse or register for the Site. The Organization may amend this confidentiality policy with a view to recognising any change to the way in which your data are processed or in order to incorporate any change to applicable regulations. You shall be informed of any significant changes. In any event, you must consult these GTU on a regular basis.
ARTICLE 1 - PURPOSE OF THE SITE
The Site provides an information and networking service.
The task of the Organization is to establish a community of investors, undertakings, organizations, public and private innovation centres, research centres and economic development organizations in Europe and in the following Mediterranean countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine and Tunisia.
The aims are to stimulate, promote and boost innovation and economic development in the Middle East and North Africa, promoting meetings, exchanges of ideas and opportunities in this economic hub.
ARTICLE 2 – ACCESS TO AND REGISTRATION FOR THE SITE AND PROPOSED SERVICES
2.1 You undertake to ensure that you are authorised to access the Site and accept full responsibility for your access to and use of the Site.
2.2 You may choose to browse the Site merely as a visitor.
Any visitor can therefore access the following functionalities using the various Site tabs:
- Access to online documentation either created by the Organization or produced by any of the partners of the Organization. Whenever this documentation is created by the publisher of a third-party site unrelated to the Organization, you acknowledge that the Organization cannot be held liable in this capacity;
- Access to information and latest news, access to sites of third-party sources whose information is published under the full responsibility of the publishers of the sites of third-party sources;
- Registration for RSS flows and e-mail alerts;
- Information about events for which registration is possible, via a calendar or by e-mail. Whenever the registration process takes place directly via the site of a partner of the Organization, you acknowledge that the Organization cannot be held liable in this capacity;
- Access to a directory of members and partners, by the geolocation of these ones;
- Access to job advertisements from third-party sites approved by the Organization. Applications should be sent directly to the parties that post the advertisements. You acknowledge that the Organization is not responsible for the content of the advertisements or the recruitment process.
2.3 You can also register for the Site by any of the following procedures:
- Via the registration tab entitled “Join our Newsletter/subscribe” - “Join the movement”, in particular, to receive the “THE NEXT SOCIETY” newsletter;
- By registering for one or more events, training programmes and services offered on the Site, via the special tabs. The events, training programmes and miscellaneous services are offered either by the Organization or by one of the partners of the Organization. Whenever the events, training programmes or services are proposed by one of the partners of the Organization, you acknowledge that the Organization cannot be held liable in this capacity;
- By registering for the i-Community social network, which is not, however, managed by the Organization, but by a third party responsible for offering the service.
You acknowledge that your use of i-Community falls under your full responsibility and that of the service provider responsible for managing this network. The Organization does not accept any responsibility in this regard.
2.4 The Site therefore offers a particular number of services which are adapted according to the categories of users, whether they are start-ups, companies or networks of companies, investors, organizations providing support for innovation, or authorities.
Once registered, depending on the user category, you may:
- receive the “THE NEXT SOCIETY” newsletter,
- register for events or training programmes,
- access financing opportunities, via a link featured on the site which directs you to www.animaweb.org,
- be geolocated in the directory of members,
- access dedicated services organized by the partners of the Organization.
2.5 When you register for the Site, you must provide accurate and complete information about your identity, your contact details, your role within your organization and any other information that you are asked to provide.
You undertake not to set up more than one account with the same name, use a false identity with a view to misleading the Organization or third parties, or appropriate the identity of any other natural or legal person.
You undertake to use the Site in accordance with the present GTU and in full compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
2.6 You acknowledge and accept that the Organization is only responsible for the services to which it provides direct access, i.e. online documentation, newsletters and geolocation of network members.
Any services and functionalities offered by third parties are not the responsibility of the Organization. You therefore acknowledge that the Organization cannot be held responsible for any content or services made available via hypertext links which direct you to third-party sites or platforms. The Organization may not therefore be held responsible for any damage or loss arising from your access to these links or your relations with these sites or platforms.
Moreover, when you use the Site, you acknowledge and accept that any links you establish within the network are created under your full responsibility and the Organization may not be held responsible in this capacity.
ARTICLE 3 - FUNCTIONING OF THE SITE
3.1 You access the Site by way of your own telecommunications terminal equipment, via internet access and all the hardware and software required to use the internet.
You acknowledge that the Site's functioning and display performances largely depend on the characteristics of your computer and your internet connection, for which you are solely responsible.
3.2 The Organization shall make every effort to promptly remedy any malfunction by which the Site is affected. It does not guarantee that the Site shall function continuously and the Organization may not, under any circumstances, be held responsible for any malfunction, interruption or unavailability of all or part of the Site.
You acknowledge that your activity on the Site must not be fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful or even part of any illegal activity. In this regard, you acknowledge and accept that the Organization may suspend your access to all or part of the Site, on a permanent or temporary basis, in the event of a breach on your part, pursuant to these GTU or any applicable laws and regulations.
Furthermore, you may ask the Organization to delete your data from the Site, without explanation, by sending an e-mail with a read receipt to the following address: email@example.com.
3.3 Some information present on the Site is accessible via hypertext links to other third-party sites or platforms. The Organization is not responsible for the availability of content, advertisements or services accessible from these links.
ARTICLE 4 – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Site and all its components (software, databases, text, information, documents, images, photographs, charts, logos, or any other data) belong exclusively to the Organization and constitute intellectual property protected by the French Intellectual Property Code and whose copyright and database producer rights are held by the Organization or for which the Organization has obtained a user licence from the author with a view to their being referenced on the Site.
The list of prohibited activities includes, but is not limited to, any reproduction, representation, modification, arrangement, adaptation, translation, imitation, copy, download, extraction, public availability, distribution or communication of all or part of the Site or its components, whether or not in a commercial capacity, and without the prior and express consent of the Organization. By and large, you undertake not to act in any way which may infringe upon the rights of the Organization.
The use of robots or any other software to access the Site or extract data therefrom is formally forbidden.
You acknowledge that some information present on the Site is accessible via hypertext links to other third-party sites or platforms. The Organization is not responsible for the content, advertisements or services made available from these sites.
ARTICLE 5 - PERSONAL DATA
By accessing the Site, you accept that the Organization uses your personal information which is obtained as you browse the Site or contained in the information submitted when you register for the Site.
5.1 Data controller
The controller of any personal data that are collected is:
ANIMA INVESTMENT NETWORK
A non-profit organization under the law of 1901 493 470 579 00027
Represented by Mr. Emmanuel NOUTARY
11 bis rue Saint-Ferréol – 13001 Marseille
If you have any questions about the confidentiality policy of the Organization concerning your personal data and your rights, you may contact the Organization at the following address: 11 bis rue Saint-Ferréol – 13007 Marseille, by telephone on 0496116760, by fax to 0496116761 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2 Collected personal data
Whenever you use or register for the Site, the Organization may collect any of the following personal data about you:
- your surname and forename,
- your contact details,
- your role and contact details within the entity which employs you or with which you work,
- your e-mail address,
- any information on subjects which you choose to share with the Organization,
- any information provided in the context of the presentation of proposed services (documentation, events, training programmes, geolocation),
- any relevant information required under any legal or regulatory obligation,
- your IP address,
- cookies and browsing habits.
The collection shall be restricted to data which are suitable, relevant and strictly necessary for the purpose of the processing.
Any data collected with a view to registering for the collaborative i-Community network shall be involved in a processing operation for which the Organization is not responsible, and which falls under the responsibility of France Clusters.
5.3 Purposes and legal basis of the processing
Personal data may be collected for a number of purposes, not least to:
- Provide you with any manner of information about the THE NEXT SOCIETY project,
- Send you the Newsletter,
- Geolocate your organization,
- Give you access to and manage events and training programmes.
The purposes of the processing operations carried out by the Organization include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use of the Site : signing up for the newsletter, registering for events or training programmes, completing the Contact tab on the Site
In this case, the legal basis of the processing is your consent.
• Provision of services proposed by the Organization (sending the newsletter, access to information, latest news, documentation, directory, announcements)
In this case, the legal basis of the processing is the performance of the contract by which you are bound to the Organization by accepting these GTU (for access to or registration for the Site).
• Communication: general information by post or e-mail
In this case, the legal basis of the processing is your consent and our legitimate interest.
You may configure your browser to reject cookies by adjusting your browser software. To this end, you must open your browser settings:
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow- cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/ht1677
- Google Chrome:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/activer-desactiver-cookies
- Opéra: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
5.4 Recipients of your personal data
In fulfilment of the purposes described above, your data shall be exclusively accessible:
- by individuals who are part of the Organization, who are required to access them in the performance of their tasks and, in general, in the context of the provision of the services offered by the Organization to which you have access (newsletter, events, training programmes);
- by external service providers who support the Organization in the provision of the services on offer (newsletters, events, training programmes);
- by the entity responsible for the i-Community, if you register for this service;
- by our processors, including Quai 13 (host of the website), Syrah Informatique (CRM), Constant Contact (mass mailing tool).
Personal Data are transferred outside the European Union, exclusively when concerning the mass mailing tool, to the US, where they are received by Constant Contact, Waltham, Massachusetts, USA.
5.5 Retention of your personal data
The data are retained for a period which does not exceed the duration required for the purposes for which they are collected:
- for Site visitors: the Organization retains the personal data for at least 1 year following our first exchange with you or your visit to the Site.
- for contacts: the Organization retains the personal data for the period required to fulfil the processing purpose and for at least 1 year following our first exchange with you.
- for registered users of the Site: the Organization retains the personal data for the period required to fulfil the processing purpose, for the entirety of the THE NEXT SOCIETY Project and for at least 1 year following the end of the THE NEXT SOCIETY project.
5.6 Your rights
• Right of access
Upon request and at no charge, the Organization conveys information about any of your
personal data that are processed and, if necessary, issues you with a copy thereof.
• Right to rectification
If your personal data are inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request that they be rectified.
• Right to erasure
You can ask for your personal data to be erased in certain cases, especially when they are no longer useful, subject to our legal and regulatory obligations with respect to the data in question. If you have the right to have your personal data erased and they have been made public, the Organization shall take any possible and reasonable measures to erase them and, in view of available technologies, to inform any third parties that process the data which you have asked to be erased.
• Right to object
You may object to the processing of your personal data; however, it should be noted that some personal data are absolutely essential for the purposes of our contractual relationship. In the event of objection, the Organization shall bring the processing to an end, unless it is in line with our urgent legitimate interests.
• Right to restrict processing
You may request a restriction on the processing of your personal data in some cases, not least if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data or in the event of objection.
• Right to withdraw your consent
If the data are processed on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time in the future without undermining the legality of the processing operations based on the consent and carried out prior to the withdrawal of consent.
• Right to data portability
If applicable, according to the purpose and the legal basis of the processing, you have the right to obtain personal data conveyed according to applicable regulations, re-use them, or ask the Organization to transfer them to any third party of your choosing.
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right not to be submitted to a decision based on exclusively automated processes, including profiling, which have legal effects or a significant bearing on you, unless they are related to the performance of a contract or compliance with legal obligations.
• Right to a digital will
You may provide general or specific instructions relating to the future of your personal data after your death.
• Right to lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL) in the event of an issue with the processing of personal data.
Exercising these rights
You may exercise any and all of these rights at any time by contacting the Organization at the following address: 11 bis rue Saint-Ferréol – 13007 Marseille, by telephone on 0496116760, by fax to 0496116761 or by email to email@example.com.
5.7 Confidentiality and security of your personal data
The Organization undertakes to guarantee the confidentiality and security of any personal data disclosed to it, on the basis of a security policy and appropriate technical measures.
In fact, the Organization undertakes to protect and secure the personal data that you have chosen to disclose in order to guarantee their confidentiality and to prevent them from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or revealed to unauthorised third parties.
The Organization has implemented material, electronic and organizational protective measures to prevent any loss, improper use and unauthorised access, distribution, alteration or destruction of these personal data (through the control and monitoring of access to premises and servers). These protective measures include the integration by the Organization of advanced technologies which are specially designed to protect personal data during their transfer and to prevent errors in transmission or unauthorised acts on the part of third parties, unless the uses are beyond the reasonable control of the Organization.
In this regard, it is important that you make sure that no unauthorised access is gained to your personal data. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your password and any information featured in your account. As a result, you must make sure that you close your session if you share a computer.
Any individuals with access to your personal data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and may face disciplinary measures and/or other penalties if they fail to fulfil these obligations.
The recipients of data and processors are bound by the same obligations.
ARTICLE 6 - APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
6.1 The present GTU are subject to French law.
6.2 Any disputes which may arise as a result of the interpretation or execution of these GTU or their subsequent documents shall be referred to the competent courts.