In the framework of EMERGING Valley 2021, ANIMA Investment Network organises a workshop on “Science-based startups shaping the future in the Mediterranean”, on 8 April 2021.
This event, supported by the European Union (EU)-funded initiative THE NEXT SOCIETY aims to demonstrate the potential of investing in technology development in the Mediterranean and boost collaborative projects and business partnerships between Europe, Africa and the Middle East. It will showcase science-based startups accelerated by THE NEXT SOCIETY Tech Booster programme.
This 100% digital edition of EMERGING Valley, the international summit of emerging innovation between Europe and Africa, will be held on 7 and 8 April and will bring together the main players and startups of African Tech. EMERGING Valley aims to build bridges between the different innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystems of Africa and Europe, by connecting investors, startups and the entire African and European Tech. A networking platform will allow participants to meet them and make appointments.
Programme and speakers
1) Investing in tomorrow’s economy: Why and how to foster technology development in the Mediterranean… and in Europe?
- Blanca Moreno-Dodson, Manager of the Center for Mediterranean Integration (CMI), France
- Souad Elmallem, Executive associate at 6temik, Board member at Entreprendre ici, Canada and Morocco
- Mohammed Aljafari, Managing Director of the Intellectual Property Commercialization Office, iPARK, Royal Scientific Society, Jordan
- Manel Elleuchi, CEO and founder of Smart Detection, Tunisia
- Jad Assaf, COO of OCT Analysis, Lebanon
Moderation: Emmanuel Noutary, General Delegate, ANIMA Investment Network
2) THE NEXT SOCIETY x EuroQuity: ANIMA Investment Network and Bpifrance join forces to support innovation in the EMEA region.
- Isabelle Bébéar, Director - Head of International & European Affairs, Bpifrance
- Tarak Chérif, President of ANIMA Investment Network, President of Confédération des Entreprises Citoyennes de Tunisie (CONECT) and CEO of Alliance group (Tunisia)