#TechDays Match Up! take place virtually on 12th and 13th of October as the last of a series of 3 #TechDays designed by THE NEXT SOCIETY: Meet Up, Catch Up and Match Up!
The goal of this series of events is to bring about collaborations between MENA and EU innovators but also within the MENA ecosystem, with clusters playing a key role in the value chain.
- Step 1: During the Meet Up event in June, participants – including clusters, SMEs, start-ups, researchers and industry experts – from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia and Europe were invited to discuss common visions, initiate discussions and co-creative processes by bringing out ideas of pilot projects.
- Step 2: These pilot projects were followed up during the Catch-Up event 2 months later.
- Step 3: This Match Up event will gather cluster organisations, SMEs and policy makers from the EU (and non-EU COSME) countries and South MED countries. It will be a unique opportunity for participants to explore common areas of interest for cooperation and to strengthen economic ties, connecting actors wishing to pursue trade, investment and partnering opportunities.
- Preparatory webinar – an opportunity to receive guidance on how to participate successfully in the planned event.
- Online Seminar on business and cluster cooperation opportunities between the EU (and non-EU COSME) countries and South MED countries.
- Virtual inter-cluster and inter-company matchmaking sessions between clusters and companies from Europe and from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, and Tunisia.
- Online site visits
MENA actors: you can access the agenda and register here.
EU actors: please follow the process of the Call for Expression of Interest for the EU – South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event* targeting cluster organisations and their SME members from the EU (and non-EU COSME) countries who wish to participate. This call is addressed to Clusters, Business Network Organisations and SMEs that are interested in engaging in collaboration activities with South-MED counterparts. Clusters and Business Network Organisations applying to this call can also suggest 2-3 SMEs among their members to participate at the event.
- Agriculture and Food Industry
- Creative Industries and Tourism
- Digital Solutions
- Sustainable Energy and Greentech
- Transport and Mobility
*The EU – South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event will take place in the context of the #TechDays – Match Up!. The event will be organised by the European Commission, the European Cluster Collaboration Platform (ECCP), and CEIpiemonte - the Piemonte Agency for Investments, Export and Tourism.
The event will build on the accomplishments of the first EU – South MED Cluster Matchmaking Event organised in April 2019 in Casablanca, Morocco, as well as on the successes of THE NEXT SOCIETY’s earlier actions on clusters.